This document will cover the basics of the CM evolveIT Dashboard managing users in Active Directory mode within the dashboard. This document will discuss add users with Active Directory.
After completing this document, you should be able to set up Active Directory Mode and add a new user within the dashboard from Active Directory.
1. Log in to the dashboard as a user that has been set up as an administrator or use the built-in administrator
(Default Password is ‘admin@1234!’)
Once logged in the Dashboard will display.
2. Select the Active Directory menu option.
Settings -> Active Directory menu
If you are using a user id besides the default admin, the user must have “ActiveDirctoryManagement” permissions.
3. Set Authentication Mode to Active Directory.
To configure Active Directory, we will set the Authentication Mode to Active Directory.
Select “Active Directory” in “Authentication Mode” drop-down. (“Save” button is disabled until you set valid setting)
4. Configure the necessary Active Directory information.
Port: Set port if your Active Directory administrator changed the default port. Leave as 0 otherwise
- "LDAP:" specifies the LDAP provider. (Default)
- "GC:" uses the LDAP provider to bind to the Global Catalog service
- Only domain: anonymous bind (Default)
- User and Password: Use this option In case your CM evolveIT WebAPI is hosted outside of your company Domain Server. Connect Active Directory with username and password.
Base DN: Define look up staring point
Filter: query to search
- default value is (&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person))
- Sample:Filter Users member of ‘evolveIT’ under MyOrUnit
- Base. A base search limits the search to the base object.
- One-level. A one-level search is restricted to the immediate children of a base object but excludes the base object itself.
- Subtree. A subtree search (or a deep search) includes all child objects as well as the base object.
5. After filling out the correct information and click “Check Active Directory” button. The Active Directory configuration result is displayed.
6. Save the configuration results.
Once the setting returns any records, The Save button is enabled.
Click on the save button to save the returned results.
7. Select Users from the Users Management menu option.
8. Select the “Sync User from Active Directory” button to get users from Active Directory.
- Users can’t edit or delete users added via Active Directory.
9. Log in with user from Active Directory.
10. The login screen does not have the forgot password link because the password is not managed within CM evolveIT.
11. The Profile menu has Help and Logout.
- The Edit Profile and Change Password options are not available on the Profile menu.