This document presents the procedure to set up Active Directory. Once the Active Directory is set up in the Dashboard, it can be used to authorize users access to CM evolveIT.
After reading this document, you should be able to configure your CM evolveIT dashboard to use the Active Directory authentication mode.
1. Log in to the dashboard as a user that has been set up as an administrator or use the built-in administrator
(Default Password is ‘admin@1234!’)
Once logged in the Dashboard will display.
2. Select the Active Directory menu option.
Settings -> Active Directory menu
If you are using a user id besides the default admin, the user must have “ActiveDirctoryManagement” permission.
3. Set Authentication Mode to Active Directory.
There are currently two options for Authentication mode.
- Active Directory
If you wanted to use EvolveIT based security, you would set the Authentication Mode to EvolveIT Mode.
Select “EvolveIT” in “Authentication Mode” drop-down, then click on the “Save” button.
<Select Authentication Mode Active Directory.png>
To configure Active Directory, we will set the Authentication Mode to Active Directory.
Select “Active Directory” in “Authentication Mode” drop-down. (“Save” button is disabled until you set valid setting)
4. Configure the necessary Active Directory information.
Port: Set port if your Active Directory administrator changed the default port. Leave as 0 otherwise
- "LDAP:" specifies the LDAP provider. (Default)
- "GC:" uses the LDAP provider to bind to the Global Catalog service
- Only domain: anonymous bind (Default)
- User and Password: Use this option In case your CM evolveIT WebAPI is hosted outside of your company Domain Server. Connect Active Directory with username and password.
Base DN: Define look up staring point
Filter: query to search
- default value is (&(objectClass=user)(objectCategory=person))
- Sample:Filter Users member of ‘evolveIT’ under MyOrUnit
- Base. A base search limits the search to the base object.
- One-level. A one-level search is restricted to the immediate children of a base object but excludes the base object itself.
- Subtree. A subtree search (or a deep search) includes all child objects as well as the base object.
After filling out the correct information and click “Check Active Directory” button
The Active Directory configuration result is displayed.
5. Save the configuration results.
Once the setting returns any records, The Save button is enabled.
Click on the save button to save the returned results.
6. Property Mapping section
This mapping is used to map LDAP User record attributes with CM evolveIT user record.
- In most cases, you will not need to adjust the property mapping section.
Active Directory All Attributes (External Link)