WebClientMobile allows the use of Custom Files to modify your application as needed.
To prevent this problem the best you can do is to manage your custom files in a different location following the steps described in this manual.
Procedure to Manage Custom Files
In order to correctly manage your custom files you must create a new Project (CustomTemplate) on which your custom files will be contained, also you have to create a new library to reference the location of this folder, to do all this follow these next steps:
- Create a new entry in your MANIFEST.MF file from your web project
This new entry will serve us to reference the location from our custom resource folder.
- Expand the web project from your application in Eclipse
- Locate and open the file MANIFEST.MF
- Add the following line “Web-Library-Id: com.custom.WebClientMobile” at the end of the file and save the changes.
- Create a page template called Custom-page.wcli:
This new page template will serve us to override the default library from WebClient Mobile
- On your CustomTemplate project create a new template page called “Custom-page.wcli”
- Add the following code to the new page template (Replace the name files from the links with your file name):
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/(!WsRes)/css/<your css file>" type="text/css">
- Create a new folder called CustomWC in your web project:
This folder will contain all our custom files
- Expand the “WebContent” folder from your web project
- Create a new folder called “CustomWC”
- Expand the “CustomWC” folder and create 3 new folders called “images”, “js” and “css”
- Copy your custom files to the “CustomWC” folder
- Modify the WebClient.properties file
Add a new “resurl” property to define the location from the “CustomWC” folder
- Open the WebClient.properties file from your web project.
- Locate the “resurl” properties section and add this line:
- Save your changes
- In Plex create a function called Custom:
This function will use our “Custom-page.wcli” template
- Create a new function called Custom
- Define its implementation name with the value of “Custom”
- In Plex make all your application functions inherited from the Custom function.
For your application to use the custom files should make all functions inherited from the "Custom".