The WebChildGrid templates allow your grid controls to use all the available space from the panel without affecting others controls.
There are two versions based on the WebChildGrid template:
- The regular WebChildGrid template used in panels that don’t have more controls below the grid area
- The WebChildGridDetail template used in panels that have additional controls below the grid’s area
This manual will show you the steps to implement these templates in your projects
- This control will only work in panels that have only one grid control so don’t use it if your panel has more than one grid control as this could cause unexpected results
- Before applying the template you must identify what version of this you need to use according to your function’s panel, so remember this:
- Use the WebChildGrid template for panels that don’t have more controls below the grid area such as in the example below:
- Use the WebChildGridDetail template for panels that have more controls below the grid area such as in the example below:
- Extract the content from the “WebChildGrid templates.zip” file.
- Add the extracted files to your Custom Templates folder from your project
- Add the following code in the CSS file from your project.
- In CA PLEX create two functions:
- Function WebChildGrid: add an implementation name triple with the value of “WebChildGrid”
- Function WebChildGridDetail: add an implementation name triple with the value of “WebChildGridDetail”
<Your Function> is a FNC <Template Function>
Replace <Your Function> with your function name and <Template Function> with one of the functions you created in step 3.
REMEMBER: Use the template function according to your function panel, for more information see the point 2 from the considerations section.
“<Your Grid Name>:GridArea: default”.
“<Your Control Name>:BelowGridArea: default”.
Example using the WebChildGridDetail template:
Example using the WebChildGrid template: